Featured Post

more 'Acquiescence'

'Acquiescence' Bring me vellum and charcoal bold Then lay awhile in tepid light Humming and winking Fresh and naked as ...

Friday, May 31, 2013

Talking to God in my Pajamas


Me: Pinch me if I'm dreaming, but you don't seem to be doing so many
Big World Events, Like in the Bible.

God: Hummm...

Me: You know, like parting the sea or huge plagues and the like. Exciting stuff like the Great Flood and Tower of Babel type retribution events.

God: Well yes....

Me: See, I know many examples of whole nations gone awry, vast groups of people who seem to defie the life style which were exampled in your teachings.

God: That's so.... would you pass the marmalade?

Me: Well I thought you might be thinking about doing one of those great apocalyptic deals again, to show your disgust.

God: Well I just can't do floods again. That thing in New Orleans, not my fault, you really can't save a sinner once you have drowned em. Pause. . . . .
Your coffee is cold...there it's hot again. Pause. . . . .
Ahh... a sacred image on toast?

Me: That didn't impress anyone. The face on Mars had great potential, something like that...

God: I'll take it up with the Big Events Committee, run it up the pole, K?

Me: Right, sounds good. Oh yeah, those pajamas were a gift...

God: I know.. I'll drop them in the mail. Thanks for breakfast, be seein' ya!

Me: Say "Hi" to your mom for me. . . .


No comments: