Featured Post

more 'Acquiescence'

'Acquiescence' Bring me vellum and charcoal bold Then lay awhile in tepid light Humming and winking Fresh and naked as ...

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

more 'Acquiescence'

'Acquiescence' Bring me vellum and charcoal bold Then lay awhile in tepid light Humming and winking Fresh and naked as a newborn foal There used to be music Fall and winter spring and summer Comes now the doors rusty report With cheeky landlords process server Bring me parchment and indigo ink Then clear the table, strewn in waste No checks will there be drawn On this counter of buckets singing with rain There used to be words Cherished and clever Before this rasping hollow Conch shell echo of air waves absurd Bring me wine and honey pears But stay a while Making love on slightly clean sheets Knowing the master has left in despair Hold long the dog-eared page The remnant pencil with bitten point Passages of heroism that no longer cleanse You and I in this failing light Bring me the linen and fine silk thread Await to step in the crimson gown Tunes on the radio acclaim your face Hand in hand with the dystopian dead

No comments: