Featured Post

more 'Acquiescence'

'Acquiescence' Bring me vellum and charcoal bold Then lay awhile in tepid light Humming and winking Fresh and naked as ...

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

a life of half measures

 
By JdSchooley
When you were an inspiration of excess,
I sat on the side lines and wished.
But there was no way
I was going to risk rejection

You had it all, great looks,
personality,
love for life,
Style

The best I could do was hope,
Hope that you would notice,
Take charge.
That was not your method either.

For the longest time I hoped
You and I could become an item.
Even when I was lucky enough, to
Ride next to you in your
Mustang convertible,
I was unable to show you what I felt

Now we are both living in separate arrangements.
You in your fast fashionable lifestyle,
Me, in my small safe world of ink and paper.
Micro components of life.
A life of half measures
And full regrets

No comments: