Friday, May 31, 2013

Talking to God in my Pajamas


Me: Pinch me if I'm dreaming, but you don't seem to be doing so many
Big World Events, Like in the Bible.

God: Hummm...

Me: You know, like parting the sea or huge plagues and the like. Exciting stuff like the Great Flood and Tower of Babel type retribution events.

God: Well yes....

Me: See, I know many examples of whole nations gone awry, vast groups of people who seem to defie the life style which were exampled in your teachings.

God: That's so.... would you pass the marmalade?

Me: Well I thought you might be thinking about doing one of those great apocalyptic deals again, to show your disgust.

God: Well I just can't do floods again. That thing in New Orleans, not my fault, you really can't save a sinner once you have drowned em. Pause. . . . .
Your coffee is cold...there it's hot again. Pause. . . . .
Ahh... a sacred image on toast?

Me: That didn't impress anyone. The face on Mars had great potential, something like that...

God: I'll take it up with the Big Events Committee, run it up the pole, K?

Me: Right, sounds good. Oh yeah, those pajamas were a gift...

God: I know.. I'll drop them in the mail. Thanks for breakfast, be seein' ya!

Me: Say "Hi" to your mom for me. . . .


No comments: