Featured Post

more 'Acquiescence'

'Acquiescence' Bring me vellum and charcoal bold Then lay awhile in tepid light Humming and winking Fresh and naked as ...

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Regret




The stark,    stark,    voice of regret
                Cold and fierce the sweat

                      Of stark,  stark regret



            How sad,     to be lying here

              Full of stark,    stark regret


       I had my reasons.    Oh you bet!
         But none,   so strong as regret

          Once I felt warm and sublime
                        I saw not,    my duet
Now,  from where I lay,   out of time 
                  And, in such clear reflect
                  Of my stark, stark regret
          Except,
                                The stage is set

                 So this, is how I will look
              When, they come in to see
           My regret, has run out of me

No comments: